Monday 6 January 2014

A Monster Ate my Knitting

This is a monster that I live with


His name is Floyd, he's a British Long-Hair kitty and is a destroyer of worlds. Also doesn't he dress fancy?


So I mentioned previously I was trying out cable knitting. Didn't go SO well- I tried this tutorial  which explained things through very well and in a simple style. So I was knitting and purling only to discover i'd gotten the pattern the wrong way round. At the same time I discovered this my little kitty who was sleeping on my knee starting chewing on the yarn and subsequently ate about half the knitting. I then gave up as I am after all poorly and an afternoon nap was far more tempting

Cable Knitting...not a success
However I do have my blanket project. I saw the idea of a knitted patchwork blanket here and fell in love the simple design. So I'm currently knitting simple swatches of the same size in different styles- for example all purl stitch, all garter stitch and will be trying a rib stitch in a bit! So far so good I'm simply just sitting down and doing a bit here and there and aiming to knit at least one patch a day which is enough for when you're a busy lady! We're hoping to move house soon so excited this may be our first 'homemade' object of mine that I can pass on to future children (*note when this happens there will be flying cars). 




I'm sure I'll post updates on the project in due course- someone has suggested I attempt a jumper next. I inform them I can knit in straight lines so scarves and patchwork blankets are the absolute limit for a clumsy knitter like me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment