Tuesday 7 January 2014

I'm going to be a grown up this year

Last year I didn't make any new years resolutions- except just to have a better year than 2012, which I did! However in 2013 I noticed a few character flaws about myself which I think could be changed. 2014 is the year in which I turn 25..twenty five- 25. I'm only just coping with being 24 and how I'm not 21 any more- but 25?! Why god why? I woke up this morning feeling rotten and was made to feel even worse by reading this delightful buzzfeed article about how 25 is amazing- and I'm telling you it's lies, all lies. I ain't not got my shift together!

So I have 9 months till i'm 25- thats 9 months and approximately one year to maybe grow up a little, act my age, be responsible and prepare myself for the next milestone...the thirties.


1. Walk up my four storey building without having a minor heart attack.

We currently live in a flat, although one hopes this is temporary this face still exists. The flat is on the top floor of a four storey building and there are no lifts. Walking up them is a chore and I do get out of breathe. I could say I want to loose weight and I plan too- but my goal isn't that, my goal is to simply walk up those god damn stairs and be able to run back down them afterwards! Will be starting weight watchers when this lovely tonsillitis goes and hopefully doing a bit of exercise aswell, will probably update on progress in the future (I hope).

2. Don't live pay-cheque to pay-cheque (or is it check?!)

I'd quite like a month where I don't have approximately 30p left in my account, but maybe a little more. This probably means just being a little bit more sensible with my money, not wasting it on 'things'

3. Blog more.

Sounds stupid but I've found it therapeutic in the past journalling and writing. I'm an awful writer- my grammar, spelling is hideous but I enjoy the process. I want it to be something to focus on and continue.

4. Love more
It's hard with life in the way to spend time with friends, family and partners so i want to ensure I put them first a bit more and make the time for them rather than the time finding me!

5. Confront don't hide a problem
I'm awful at this and this is a massive character flaw I have and I hate it about myself. I hate confrontation or having to 'deal' with a problem. Rather than using my gut instinct today and knowing I'm still too poorly to go into work I spent 2 hours debating with myself and trying to convince myself I was well just to avoid having to let people down. I've found in the past when I've bitten the bullet the problem is a lot more simpler than I envisage- so I aim to do this ALL the time not just when I have a bit of courage from nowhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment